ST Sports Talk Ep 134: Road to the Olympics: The Joseph Schooling interview
Synopsis: The Straits Times tackles the biggest sports talking points every month.
After winning gold at the 2016 Rio Olympics, life for swimmer Joseph Schooling is now a grind of sweat and purpose with a break only for Netflix and a rare 9 holes of golf. He shares the lessons he has learnt since then and his preparations for the Tokyo Games.
In this episode, assistant sports editor Rohit Brijnath and sports correspondent Sazali Abdul Aziz speak with Singapore’s Olympic champion, Joseph Schooling.
1. Joseph Schooling’s Gold dreams, lockdown lifestyle, and day-to-day routines (01:00)
2. How is it being in the United States atmosphere (06:17)
3. Lessons learnt after winning gold in the 2016 Olympics (07:28)
4. Realities of serving National Service, managing expectations and goals for the next Olympics (12:20)
5. How a muted audience at the Tokyo Olympics might affect his performance (16:39)
Produced by: Rohit Brijnath (email@example.com), Sazali Abdul Aziz (firstname.lastname@example.org), & ST Video team
Edited by: Hadyu Rahim & Fa’izah Sani
Subscribe to the ST Sports Talk podcast series and rate us on your favourite audio apps:
Apple Podcasts: https://str.sg/JWRa
Google Podcasts: https://str.sg/JX88
Feedback to: email@example.com
Follow Sazali Abdul Aziz on Twitter: https://str.sg/JbxS
Read his stories: https://str.sg/Jbxq
Discover more ST podcast series:
Asian Insider Podcast: https://str.sg/JWa7
Green Pulse Podcast: https://str.sg/JWaf
Health Check Podcast: https://str.sg/JWaN
Life Weekend Picks Podcast: https://str.sg/JWa2
#PopVultures Podcast: https://str.sg/JWad
Bookmark This! Podcast: https://str.sg/JWas
Lunch With Sumiko Podcast: https://str.sg/J6hQ
Discover BT Podcasts: http://bt.sg/podcasts
Follow our shows then, if you like short, practical podcasts!